A manuscript assessment is often the first step to realising your potential, but it is a brave step to hand over your precious work to a stranger. We bear this in mind with an assessment that is sensitive while critical, encouraging while realistic. We know that producing any manuscript is a feat in itself.
Categories we accept
Fiction such as romance, historical romance, saga, crime, legal, humour, science fiction, fantasy and children’s. Non-fiction such as biography, autobiography and history, including Australian, business/corporate and family. Poetry and short story. illustrated and non-genre works.
We are also interested in non-genre works.
We are equipped to handle manuscripts from North America and the United Kingdom as well as Australia and English translations from other languages.
What we do for you
- provide a comprehensive report on aspects of the story, or content, characters, structure, and language and grammar, outlining strengths and weaknesses
- offer guidance for self-editing and style improvement
- let you know, within your category, your potential for publication
- ensure confidentiality in all communications
- return your assessment and manuscript within four to six weeks
- pay special attention to the first-time author
What we don’t do for you
- guarantee publication
- act as a literary agent
- give misleading hope with a false “glowing report”
What we require of you
- the manuscript to be your own personal and original work
- your research to be correct in matters of fact
- submission of your manuscript in hard copy, 12-point font and double-line spacing; number of words, synopsis and brief description of major characters, table of contents or indication of chapter or section divisions
- a brief covering letter with details about yourself relevant to your work
- payment for relevant fee for service